The first rose show open to the public was the Spring Annual Rose Show. It was held on May 6, 1956 in the Paul Dibert Buick Show Room in Redwood City. It was a great success with many exhibitors and visitors. Dr. and Mrs. Persike won Queen of the Show and Mrs. Clay Morgan won the prize for the best arrangement.
On October 8, 1957 the meeting place changed form the Chamber of Commerce Building to the present meeting place in the Veterans Memorial Building, 1455 Madison, Redwood City. The Annual Rose Show is held in the Community Activities building at 1400 Roosevelt Avenue in Redwood City.
It has been the donation of time, energy and money of the members of the Peninsula Rose Society that has made it such a successful organization. Consulting Rosarians have offered to both the society and the community many education programs. They have also offered both public and private rose consultations. Many members have volunteered their rose care talents such as pruning to both public and private parties.